Cybersecurity: Cloud Security NOW! Jump-start Your Cloud Security career with this one-of-a-kind course.
Join Author Tyler Wall and Presenter Michael Archuleta in this course for the next evolution in cybersecurity skilling based on the popular book Cloud Security Career Handbook: A beginner’s guide to starting and succeeding in Cloud Security by Timothy Isle.
Cloud Computing as a trend has grown leaps and bounds in recent years since the pandemic hit. The cloud is also the driving force behind red-hot technologies like Artificial Intelligence and thus one of the safest career bets one can make for the future. There is a huge shortage of cloud professionals across the globe and an even bigger shortage of cloud security professionals. It is understandable as making the transition from on-prem to a cloud security model can be overwhelming for newcomers and even experienced cyber-security people who are looking at this topic for the first time. A few years ago, I was in the same problem as I realized that my on-prem skills simply did not translate into the cloud and most of what I knew had to be broken down and re-learned for a cloud environment. Although not happy at first to be starting over; I quickly realized that while different; security in the cloud was also faster and more efficient than on-prem (provided it was done correctly!)
Through a lot of trial and error, I discovered the best techniques to learn the cloud and secure it. This course is a lecture based and hands-on collection of all that experience so you can benefit from it without jumping through all the hoops I had to jump through.
This course WILL:
- Teach you the fundamentals of Cloud in general and Cloud Security including a deep dive into the Cloud Security Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Cloud Deployment Models (Public, Private, Community, Hybrid, Multi)
- Teach you about the Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba, IBM..etc), their popularity ranked and strengths.
- Teach you about the various tooling you’ll need to be familiar with (CWPP, CSPM, CIEM, CASB, CSPM, SSO)
- Teach you about what cybersecurity risks are inherent and specific to the Cloud (Lack of Cloud Security Skills, Misconfigurations, Increased Attack Surface, Lack of Focus on Identity, Lack of Standardization and Visibility, Data Leakage, Data Privacy/Sovereignty, Incident Response)
- Show you the different cloud security career paths that are present and which one is the easiest for you to transition into (Cloud Security Engineer/Architect/Manager)
- Teach you about the biggest certifications and their strengths and weaknesses with strategy on how to pass them (CCSK, CCSP, AWS Certified Specialty – Security, Azure Security Engineer, Google Cloud Security Engineer)
- Guide you on getting that valuable multi-cloud security experience without having an enterprise environment to practice
- Get you hands-on with Terraform and Serverless functions in both AWS and Azure.
- Get you hands-on with checking Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for misconfigurations with an open source static code analysis tool (Checkov).
* Please see the learning objectives for a full list of topics that we cover
As mentioned earlier; cloud adoption has exploded over the past couple of years with numerous companies transitioning into a hybrid or fully cloud environment. With the economic ups and downs that keep happening and in this post-pandemic world, companies are no longer interested in the hassle of maintaining data centers and hardware.
This rapid increase has also meant that skills have NOT kept pace resulting in a huge shortage of qualified cloud professionals.
If you are still not convinced, then consider the blow three points:
- Cloud is not going away anytime soon
- Cloud Security skills WILL replace on-prem skills
- Cyber-criminals are already using the cloud
Follow along with us in this course as we start from square one and work our way from high level fundamental and management concepts right down to what tools you’ll be working with, certifications you’ll need, interview questions to be prepared for, and getting hands-on with the skills you’ll need to be successful.