Strength of Material – I, Fundamentals of Material Mechanics: Stress, Strain, and Structural Analysis.
Welcome to my Course!
I am Eng. Mohamed Fayas, Professional Udemy Instructor and Engineer.
Strength of Materials-I is an introductory course designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the behavior of materials under different loading conditions. The course covers fundamental principles related to stress, strain, and the mechanical response of materials to external forces and thermal effects. Through theoretical concepts and practical applications, students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to analyze and design structural elements and components.
- LO 1: Determine the stress and strain due to different loading conditions and thermal stresses, and analyze stress and strain using Mohr’s circles.
- Understand the fundamentals of stress and strain analysis under various loading conditions.
- Apply Mohr’s circles for graphical representation and analysis of stress states.
- Analyze thermal stresses and their effects on materials.
- LO 2: Analyze beams subjected to different types of loads and moments with the aid of bending moment diagrams and shear force diagrams for stresses and deflections.
- Analyze beams under different loads and moments.
- Utilize bending moment diagrams and shear force diagrams to determine stresses and deflections in beams.
- LO 3: Determine the stresses and angular deflections set up in solid and hollow shafts due to torsion when connected in series and parallel.
- Understand the principles of torsion in shafts.
- Analyze stresses and angular deflections in solid and hollow shafts in series and parallel configurations.
- LO 4: Demonstrate knowledge of strain energy in the analysis of loaded components and apply Castigliano’s theorems to solve problems.
- Understand the concept of strain energy.
- Apply Castigliano’s theorems to solve engineering problems related to deformation and energy.
- LO 5: Determine stresses and strains set up in thin shells and wire wound thin cylinders due to internal pressure.
- Analyze the behavior of thin shells under internal pressure.
- Determine stresses and strains in wire-wound thin cylinders.
- LO 6: Demonstrate knowledge on the behavior of struts and columns under compression and determine stresses and deflections.
- Understand the behavior of struts and columns under compressive loads.
- Analyze stresses and deflections in struts and columns.
- LO 7: Analyze the stresses induced in closed coil helical springs due to axial loads and torsion.
- Understand the principles of helical springs.
- Analyze stresses induced in closed coil helical springs under axial loads and torsion.
We Will Continuously Upload Courses and Examples Keep Touch with Us.