Decoding Cellular Communication, Learn basics of mobile communication.
Nowadays, mobile phone is as important as air, water and food to many of us. Therefore we should know the technology behind it. This course will be helpful to any individual who wishes to know the technology behind cellular communication. You will understand the fundamentals concepts such as frequency reuse, handoff, system capacity associated with cellular communication through this course. You will appreciate the importance of channel assignment strategy. You will learn how co-channel and adjacent channel interference influences system capacity and affects signal quality. You can explore various techniques for improving coverage and capacity of cellular system such as cell splitting, sectoring, zone cell techniques.
Not only engineering and technology students but any curious individual without any technical background will benefit from this course. This course is designed without considering any technical background of learner.
The course is divided into following 4 modules which are as follows:
- Introducing cellular communication
- Channel assignment strategies and handoff mechanisms
- Interference and system capacity
- Techniques for improving coverage and capacity of cellular system
After completion of the course, learner will be able to,
- Understand the fundamental concepts associated with cellular communication.
- Explore various channel assignment strategies & handoff mechanisms.
- Learn about interference & system capacity.
- Know techniques for improving coverage & capacity of cellular system.
Following books will be referred in this course.
1. Wireless Communications Principles and Practices, T. S. Rappaport, Pearson Education
2. Mobile Communication Systems, K. Wesolowski, Wiley Publication
Together let us decode the world of cellular communication through this course.