DBMS Uncovered: The Heart of Data Management, The Backbone of Data: DBMS Unveiled.
1. What is meaning of “Data”?
2. What are the main differences between “Data” and “Information”?
3. What is meaning of database?
4. What are some common types of databases?
5. How does a database works?
6. What is meaning of “DBMS”?
7. How does a DBMS manage the concurrent data access?
8. Explain the concept of “controlled access” provided by a DMBS?
9. What are the various applications of DBMS?
10. What functions does a DBMS perform?
11. What is meant by “data manipulation,” “data independence,” “data redundancy,” “data integrity,” and “data consistency?”
12. How does a DBMS assist Database Administrators?
13. What do you mean by database servers?
14. Can a database server host only one type of database?
15. What are the different types of database servers?
16. What are the various advantages of DBMS?
17. What techniques do Database Management Systems (DBMS) use to enable concurrent data access?
18. What is the concept of “locking” in DBMS?
19. What is the meaning of isolation levels in the context of DBMS?
20. Why is the use of DBMS preferred over traditional file systems?
21. What are some disadvantages of DBMS?
22. What is the meaning of term “ACID” in Database Management System?
23. Why are ACID properties essential in DBMS?
24. What are the key components of DBMS?
25. What does “DBMS hardware” refer to?
26. Who are the three categories of people who interact with a DBMS?
27. What is meant by Database Access Language?
28. Upon which idea is the Relational model based?
29. What are the key concepts or components of the Relational Model?
30. What is meant by Primary Key, Foreign Key and Composite Key?
31. What are the current trends and future directions in Database Management Systems?
32. Why do some Companies use a combination of both SQL and NoSQL databases to data storage and retrieval?