Introduction to Gamification, Basics of Gamification Made Simple.
Gamification is an efficient tool to create higher engagement level between your users and your products or services.
This class aims to simplify the meaning and the implications of gamification and bring awareness to its capabilities for the products.
According to Gamify
Gamification is the application of game-design elements and game principles in non-game contexts. It can also be defined as a set of activities and processes to solve problems by using or applying the characteristics of game elements.
Games and game-like elements have been used to Educate, Entertain and Engage for thousands of years. Some classic game elements are; Points, Badges, and Leaderboards.
- Points are used as visual identifiers of progress in sports, reward cards and video games
- Badges display achievement, whether from service in the military or a gold star on school report card
- Leaderboards are used across sports, sales teams, and in general life to present competitive placement
The benefits of Gamification for your products could be
1. INCREASED USER ENGAGEMENT AND AN EXTRA SOURCE OF REVENUE.
2. A HIGHER NUMBER OF USERS.
3. A GREATER ACQUAINTANCE WITH YOUR USERS.
The ultimate goal of gamification is to create ‘sticky’ apps that people will keep coming back to and get more engaged while using it. Gamification works best when having a social sharing element which is why mobile is the perfect platform. This is also an upside for your brand — the more people share their experiences the more likely others will want to join the adventure.