The Developing Emotional Intelligence Program, Concepts, Tools and Competencies to Develop Emotional Intelligence.
The Developing Emotional Intelligence Program, includes 5 sections also presented as individual courses for your convenience:
- Defining Emotional Intelligence,
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace,
- Emotional Intelligence and Teamwork,
- Increasing Emotional Intelligence, and
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership.
1. Defining Emotional Intelligence
Deep feelings and emotions act as necessary guides when humans face situations too important to defer to the intellect alone.
In all decision-making and action situations, feelings count as much, if not more, than rational thought. In fact, there has been far too much emphasis on rational thought (IQ) in the past when evaluating human behavior and potential.
In this course you’ll gain an understanding of the emotional intelligence theory, and you’ll explore the basis of emotional intelligence by examining the following four areas:
- the purpose of emotions,
- managing emotions,
- the impact of emotional intelligence,
- what it takes to become emotionally literate.
2. Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Can you measure your intelligence simply by taking an IQ test? Will your SAT scores determine your on-the-job success?
Studies show that emotional intelligence plays a role that’s just as, if not more, important than IQ. By developing your people skills, you’ll have a positive effect on your career.
In this course, you’ll explore:
- what emotional intelligence is,
- how to realistically evaluate yourself,
- why it’s important to manage your emotions, and
- how self-motivation affects your career.
3. Emotional Intelligence and Teamwork
Groups are common in the workplace. Why do some work groups flourish, while others seem to drag behind? Team members develop a culture which contributes strongly to their success.
Some groups have an atmosphere of excitement and an ability to adapt. Others resist change and have a negative, growth-inhibiting environment. The ability to handle emotions appropriately and work well with others is known as emotional intelligence.
This competency factors into the team’s success. Participation and collaboration are key to the success of your team. In this course, you’ll explore the importance of these characteristics in accomplishing group goals.
You’ll also examine:
- the competencies needed to become an effective team member,
- the techniques for handling emotions,
- the ways to evaluate your team’s emotional intelligence, and
- the strategies for improving your team’s emotional intelligence.
Stellar teams don’t appear out of thin air. They’re made up of the right people in the right place. These teams have the support and encouragement they need to succeed.
Team members are committed to the success of the group and they work to enhance their abilities to thrive in today’s fast-paced business environment. This course will help you contribute effectively to your team’s growth.
Increasing Emotional Intelligence
Are the most successful people “intellectuals”? Or do they have a different kind of brainpower that helps them excel in the workplace? How can you increase your “people smarts”?
First, you’ll need a strong understanding of emotional intelligence. Then, you will need to understand how and what you need to improve.
In this course, you’ll examine:
- how emotional and intellectual intelligence differ,
- why emotional intelligence matters at work,
- where emotional intelligence comes from, and
- how to improve your emotional intelligence.
In today’s workplace, you need emotional intelligence to get along with others. The “stars” around you outshine others because of their ability to use their emotions effectively.
Most people believe that emotions are automatic responses over which they have no control. Actually, emotions are determined by what you think.
There are concrete techniques to help you gain control of your feelings. In this course, you’ll gain the skills needed to increase your emotional intelligence.
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Emotional intelligence is a popular concept. How does it relate to your effectiveness as a leader? This course delves into the importance of emotional intelligence to today’s leaders.
- why leaders need emotional intelligence,
- how you can acquire emotional intelligence,
- why it’s important to develop your staff, and
- how you can increase others’ emotional intelligence.
This course will provide you with a step-by-step guide to increasing your effectiveness as a leader. You’ll learn proven techniques for improving your relationship with your staff. You will also examine leadership strategies for getting more work done with less stress.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!